mother-scratcher

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

And if you all jumped off a cliff...

Yes. Yes, I would.

I am no HTMLer, so this is another blogger template. I know the stepped text on the masthead looks crappy, but I can't make it fit and I give up.

That photograph is actually the "view" off our back balcony, if you want to call a spiral stairway to the hell that is the recycling bins a balcony. We do, and we used to spend a lot of time waving from it back around Easter when the pope was in the news. What's a San Francisco apartment without a view?

The photo is the very first one my huz took after we were the last people ever to get a digital camera.

TheOridge

I don't know why the bicycle is on the pole. I don't even know why the pole is there, there are no obvious power lines. I do know that the ladder wasn't there because they were planning to do any paint touch-ups, though.

I apologize if the blog's aura is now a little depressing. If you find it so, I recommend doing what I do: remind yourself that the $800,000 loft across the alley has the same shitty view. Hahahaha! Suckahs!

6 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger CF said...

Nice redesign. I like the new masthead pic--very SoVan.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's totally postmodern! Totally deconstructionist!

I have no idea what those terms mean, but I really like the weird bicycle. Now Photoshop your adorable little DeBarge on top of it. That will be really trippy.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger jdg said...

love that the background is now white.

how did you add that picture? it looks great. I spent three hours trying to figure out how to add a jpeg to ours that would come up as hypertext and gave up.

Love the new look.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Llama_school said...

Thx all.

Dutch, I don't know exactly what "hypertext" means, googled it and still don't understand.

But I made the masthead as a .gif in photoshop, uploaded it to flickr, and pasted the flickr-generated URL into the header of the template.

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sopping it all up with a biscuit. very tasty.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger posthipchick said...

looks great. i'd rather have peeling paint than built-in swimming pools, any day.
i would rate it as 'very fancy'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home