mother-scratcher

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

She ate a worm.

Sabra ate a worm at her playgroup this morning. One of the mothers found it and gave an impromptu biology lecture, encouraging the kids to touch it. Sabra, the youngest, was either the only one brave enough or the only one dumb enough to take her up on it. It was in her mouth within a half-second. I said "Oh, shit!" in front of six toddlers.

We managed to get both pieces of the worm out before she swallowed any, so I guess she didn't technically eat it. I am obviously a little proud otherwise I wouldn't have called four family members and booted up the blog to share the joy.

What disturbs me is that only one of the other mothers seemed to think it was as damn funny as I do. The other four were genuinely shocked and appalled. WTF? I'm mean, it's not like they all don't eat sand like Carter ate little liver pills, as my uncle Roy used to say. Worms eat dirt, Sabra eats worms, and the cycle of life goes on.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't people recognize chutzpah when they see it?!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Llama_school said...

Here, Here!

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be SO PROUD of her. I only hope my daughter someday eats something that cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home